I used a recipe from the Wilton website, and while the method is a bit unusual, they turned out to be nice little bites of goodness!
Any-who, here is the recipe for the Apple Cupcakes...
Apple Cupcakes - Recipe originally from Wilton
I halved this recipe and it made 12 mini cupcakes
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour(I used SR Flour and omitted the baking powder)
- 1/2 cup Granulated/Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, peeled and chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. In large bowl, beat eggs with milk, butter and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture; stir just until moistened. (Do not over mix.) Stir in apples. Pour into prepared pan 1/2 - 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.