Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Cupcakes for Charity 2011 - April


April

A tad late here sorry. I did do the sale on the third week of the month, but between Easter and looking for a new place to live, things have been pretty hectic around here.



So belatedly here are my Easter cupcakes! I made vanilla cupcakes, with a caramel filled chocolate Easter egg baked inside, and sweet sweet butter cream frosting.



Each Cupcake was topped with little speckled chocolate eggs. All proceeds I raised went to Animals Australia, a national animal protection organisation. They have a great mission statement:

"Animals Australia believes that we can create a better world for all through promoting kindness to animals. Our goal is to significantly and permanently improve the welfare of all animals in Australia."




This was my mid-morning snack this morning, it was tasty tasty! Strawberry Pocky is the best.

13 comments:

Pili said...

Those cupcakes look wonderful!
I hope the stress of looking for a new place will translate in finding an awesome place you'll love!

Jennifurla said...

You are quite busy arn't you. Good cause, and perfect little cakes to nom on.

ellecupcake said...

They look amazing! And a caramel egg in the center!?? Sheesh. :) I want to try baking something in a cupcake. I've seen some really cool ideas, but have never tried it. I really hope you find a place. That is so stressful and I'm sure a little scary. Everything will be ok.

I love that you took a pic of your afternoon snack! That is so cute! And yeah.. strawberry poky is amazing :)

Ash said...

Whoa, those have got to be the best cupcakes then!! a surprise centre!!
I love your snack pic. I need to get myself an iphone just so I can take pics such as these whenever.

Good luck on finding a new place!!

Sugar Daze said...

Aw, beautiful cupcakes for a great cause! Good luck finding a new place to hang your whisk and apron!

Lucy said...

These look lovely! I love the idea of baking the chocolate egg right into the cupcake - delicious :)

manda said...

*sincere applause* I love that you do this Jess!!

Holly said...

Oh my, the chocolate egg baked inside sounds like a real treat! I don't even want to THINK about how yummy those must have been! What a great charity too. I am still so full of admiration for you and your generous ways.

P.S. I love Pocky too! And your little cupcake mug is so appropriate for you. ;-)

Zoe said...

Cupcakes look amazing! You're so talented!x

Teena in Toronto said...

They look yummy!

Happy blogoversary :)

Alex said...

I remember seeing your cupcakes on DeviantART ages ago and am so pleased to have stumbled on your blog here! These sound heavenly and look soooo cute!

Ebony said...

Jessie I miss you! Where have you gone? Is everything ok? Please get in contact with me chick xx

Linda Pochinda said...

yummmmmm!!!