Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Like many others, I wanted to do something for these helpless animals, so my first fund-raiser for the year I chose to donate to the QLD RSPCA, who lost an entire animal shelter during the floods.
I'd like you to imagine almond flake cupcakes, with spoonful of home made apricot jam in the centre, frosted with cream cheese frosting, and topped with a coconut apricot roll! Delicious!
Almond and Apricot Surprise Cupcakes - Adapted from Woman's Weekly NZ
Makes 18 or so cupcakes
1¾ cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups self raising flour
1¼ cup milk
1/4 cup crushed flaked almonds
½ cup apricot jam (I used this recipe for microwave apricot jam that is very quick and easy, I highly recommend it, my jam turned out perfectly)
1. Heat oven to 160°C fan bake. Line a 12-hole standard muffin tin with paper cases. Place butter, caster sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift dry ingredients together and fold into mixture, alternating with the milk, fold in almonds. Stir just enough to combine into a creamy batter.
3. Three-quarter fill prepared cases. Hide a heaped teaspoonful of apricot jam in the centre of the mixture of each cupcake.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cupcake mixture (not in the centre where the jam is!) comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Saturday, 22 January 2011
When I saw the Keyboard Cat t-shirt on Threadless I squealed! But then was so sad to see it had sold out. So when they did a reprint last year, I had it ordered in seconds! It is now one of my favourite Tees.
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
I worry about all the animals and wildlife who are so helpless during natural disasters...
Friday, 7 January 2011
Loki, like Týr, is named after a Viking God. The Viking God of mischief, hehe hope he doesn't live up to the name too much!
Monday, 3 January 2011
Happy New Year!!
I want to be more organised about it this year, I plan to do it on the 3rd Thursday of every month. I want to plan ahead and make a 12 month plan for which charity to donate to, and what flavour cupcakes I want to make, rather than decide as I go.
Here are the charities, in no particular order, I wish to raise money for this year:
- RSPCA South Australia
- Animal Welfare League South Australia
- Australian Orangutan Project
- Animals Australia
- Adelaide Zoo
- Nature Foundation South Australia
Australia Zoo Wildlife WarriorsQLD RSPCA
- Australian Marine Wildlife Research & Rescue Organisation
- WWF Australia - Adopt an Animal
- Free the Bears Fund
- Guide Dogs South Australia
- Save Foundation Australia
My boyfriend and I are going to make an effort to be more healthy, and I have had a good time today finding some interesting new recipes to try on Taste.com.au, a fantastic resource for dinner and dessert ideas!
Of course I would like to craft and blog more this year, but I am not going to loose sleep if life gets in the way a bit ;)
Oh, one last new year resolution, I AM going to start preparing for Christmas much earlier this year, I loved giving handmade gifts, but I am going to give myself much more time so I don't stress too much!!